Lay Associates participate in a relationship of mutual support with the School Sisters of St. Francis. We share a commitment to spiritual
growth, gospel values, and social impact. Inspired by the lives of St. Francis and St. Clare, we draw on the gifts of contemplation,
compassion, and courage to build a just and peaceful world. We are a diverse community of women and men.
- Looking for a way to find deeper meaning in your everyday life and work?
- Searching for companions on your spiritual journey?
- Drawn to a Franciscan way of life?
- Seeking to share your talents with a larger community whose mission and values match your own, so that your gifts will have a greater impact on the world?
Associates are adult lay men and women who come from all walks of life and cultures and who:
- Hunger for a deeper spirituality and relationship with God
- Are inspired by the ideals of St. Francis and St. Clare of Assisi
- Identify with the mission and values of the School Sisters of St. Francis
- Find joy giving of themselves to further Christ’s mission in the world
We invite you to learn more about becoming an associate of the School Sisters of St. Francis.
Once someone expresses an interest in becoming an associate, they will be invited to a time of orientation with a sister or another associate.
Read the latest issue of Love and Presence, a newsletter by and for our lay associates, plus more news.
Associate Mission Trip
View a slideshow from the Associate Mission Trip to Holly Springs, Mississippi in May of 2019.
Spotlight on Associates
For all the years I have been an associate, justice has been the theme of my ministry,” Maureen wrote in Alive magazine back in 2011. At the time, Maureen was Senior Director of Programs at Chicago’s Erie Neighborhood House, a place that for nearly 150 years has “embraced immigrants arriving in Chicago, welcomed them to our city, and helped them to find their place.”
For more information, please contact Associate Relationship Coordinators: