St. Joseph Chapel
Under the leadership of Mother Alfons Schmid, cofoundress of the School Sisters of St. Francis, the community’s mission took tangible form with the completion of magnificent St. Joseph Chapel in 1917. This Milwaukee landmark is dedicated to the permanent service of God, and has nourished the lives of thousands of religious women who have prayed here daily for over 100 years.
St. Joseph Chapel Mass Times
Sunday: 9 AM
Mon.-Thurs.: 4 PM
Fri.: 8 AM
Mother Alfons was a woman who understood the relationship between aesthetics and God, and for whom music and art were an integral expression of spiritual life. St. Joseph Chapel—a symbol of the faith and hope that brought it into existence—continues as an instrument of Gospel teaching as its doors are always open to the wider community.
Chapel tours may be arranged for groups or individuals. For more information, please contact Michele Carlson, Executive Director of St. Joseph Center, at 414-385-5326 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The community’s mission took tangible form with the completion of magnificent St. Joseph Chapel in 1917.
Meditations inspired by the stained glass of St. Joseph Chapel.