Visio Divina Reflection Series
The Associate Relationship Team will share a Visio Divina Reflection series created by the Catholic Health Association of the United States to help us through our Advent Journey. Each week we are invited to consider the hope, excitement, wonder and confusion of the story from a unique perspective. You will receive one reflection every Monday during Advent.
The prayer of Visio Divina, or "divine seeing," involves the contemplation of art in conversation with God. This practice does not require any special knowledge or appreciation of art, just a willingness to attend to and interact with the colors, textures, forms and overall impressions. As you gaze on the piece, taking in each detail and being attentive to the feelings that arise as you gaze, Visio Divina is an invitation to wonder.
The reflections are in two formats, video and text.
Acceptance, Renewal, and LifeTime Partnership Ceremonies
We are happy to share with you the links to watch the Acceptance, Renewal, and LifeTime Partnership ceremonies. All of them were very special and unique. The only missing piece was the presence of the rest of the community, but we know that you were there in spirit. More information about our new associates will come on the next U.S. News. The names of the participants in each ceremony are listed below.
Saturday, September 11, 10 a.m.
- Debby Pluskota, Owen Priepke and Kathleen Laetsch, associates renewing
Saturday, September 11, 11:30 a.m.
- Denise Ryan, Darlene Noesen, Pat Klaas, and Ruth Furfaro, associates renewing
Tuesday, September 14, 6 p.m.
- Mary Ann Wiznerowicz, associate accepting
- Stephani Richards-Wilson, Cathy Kelling, Kim Kelln, Judy Fregetto, Mary and Dale Foskett, and Mary Flies, associates renewing
- JoAnn Lewandowski and Alberta Matulis, associates LifeTime Partnership commitment
Thursday, September 16, 6 p.m.
- Dan Diliberti, associate accepting,
- Sandra Siira, Barbara Kluka, Mike Angeli, Catherine Alexander, Michele and Ken Carlson, Tina Rawlins, Margaret Simmons, and Ann Garrison, associates renewing
Wednesday, September 22, 6 p.m.
- Lydia D. Johnson and Jude Schubert, associates accepting
- Maureen Hellwig, Ilene Covert, Adamy Martinez, and Matt Knorr, associates renewing
- Bess Andersen, associate LifeTime Partnership commitment
Saturday, September 25, 10 a.m.
- Bridget McCullough, Barbara TeStroete, Lisa Ann Bentzler, Jennifer Schmidt, Maria Torres, Cathy Werts, and Dorothy Vison, associates renewing
- Nancy Taylor and James T. Rayford, Sr., associates LifeTime Partnership Commitment
Saturday, September 25, 11:30 a.m.
- Sandy Day, Rosaura Solano, and Becka Dubroski, associates renewing
Novenas to Saint Francis
We will celebrate St. Francis Day on October 4th. In conjunction, we are celebrating the season of creation from September 1st to October 4th.
During the nine days, we will share brief reflections asking St. Francis of Assisi to pray for us and our world, based on his beautiful Canticle of the Sun. The videos and reflections were produced by the Catholic Agency for Overseas Development.
Summer Associate Newsletter Available Now
The Summer 2020 issue of Love and Presence, a newsletter by and for lay associates of the School Sisters of St. Francis, is now available. Click here to read the complete issue, including a reflection by Dr. Eleanor Fleming (pictured), who writes about her experience as a Black woman and a health caring professional.
Community Celebrates New, Renewing Associates
Last Sunday, September 16, our community welcomed Michele Carlson, Matt Knorr, and Denise Ryan into Associate Relationship at the acceptance and renewal liturgy in St. Joseph Chapel. We also accepted with the joy the renewal of commitment from associates Sandy Calawerts, Jeanne Erceg, Patti Heindl, Margie Kidder, Lynn Ann Lasnicka, Linda Leonard, Brenda Nelson, and Sandra Nowak. A festive dinner followed the Mass.
Also at the Mass, the community offered its blessing upon Tau Volunteer Elizabeth Scheibl as she begins her year of service as a teacher’s aide at Notre Dame Primary School.
2018 Associates and Sisters Picnic
Click the button in the lower right-hand corner of the screen below to view the slideshow in full-screen mode
Community Welcomes Three New Associates
The School Sisters of St. Francis are delighted to welcome (from left, front) Jan Cosmos, Cherie Esposito, and Julia Williams into Associate Relationship with our community! We celebrated their acceptance at Saturday’s festive liturgy marking the 45th anniversary of Associate Relationship, at which Bishop Richard Sklba presided.