Make a difference when you support the School Sisters of St. Francis’ fall fundraising event!
Sunday, September 11th
11 a.m.-3 p.m.
St. Joseph Center grounds, 29th Street @ Orchard St.
How to Find Us
St. Joseph Center is located at the corner of Greenfield Avenue and Layton Boulevard (27th Street) on Milwaukee’s south side, just two minutes from the Mitchell Park Domes. Enter the beer garden at 29th Street and Orchard Street (one block south of Greenfield Ave.)
Where to Park
First-come, first-served free parking is available in the Nativity Jesuit Academy lot at 29th Street and Orchard Street, across from our grounds. Street parking is available on Orchard Street, 29th Street, and around the neighborhood. Parking is also available at the Sacred Heart lot—enter at 28th Street at Lapham Street. (Please note guests cannot pass through St. Joseph Center to the grounds west of the building.)
Because of construction at St. Joseph Center, there will be no event parking in the St. Joseph Center or Maria Linden Senior Apartments lots.
What's On Tap?
Your first beverage purchase of $20 includes a commemorative beer stein with our Oktberfest logo. Refills are $8. Beverage options include two special beers that Lakefront Brewing Company is crafting for the School Sisters of St. Francis!
- “Ale Mary” a German-style ale that balances Pilsner malt and sharp noble hops in an easy-drinking, crisp-finishing brew
- “Our Lager,” an amber lager with a medium-light body and a dash of caramel malt sweetness, pleasing hop notes, and a crisp finish
- Oktoberfest a nutty, caramelly flavor, while Mt. Hood hops balance the substantially malty body making this a great rendition of a classic German lager.
We will also have root beer on tap, wine, other soft drinks, and water available for purchase.
Food options available for purchase include
- BBQ Shredded Chicken Sliders Plate ($10)
- Pulled Pork Sliders Plate ($10)
- Bratwurst Sandwich Plate ($10)
- Hot pretzels ($8)
Plates include condiments, chips, and a pickle. Cheese dipping sauce is available for purchase ($1).
Fun and Games
Guests are invited to try their skill and luck with bags (cornhole), giant Jenga, and Hammerschlagen (also known as “stump.”) There’s no cost to play, but donations will be gratefully accepted.
Join the sister for a fun, in-person event in the beautiful St. Joseph Center garden with many of your favorite attractions:
- Live polka music with Vern & The Originals
- Handmade crafts
- Imports and gifts
- Delicious food
- Beer on tap from Lakefront Brewery
- More beverage options.
Thousands of the people served by our sisters around the world will benefit from the Pancake Breakfast & Fall Festival. Here are just a few examples of what you make possible by your participation in this fundraiser:
- Children with physical and cognitive disabilities in India receive educational and vocational opportunities offered nowhere else in their community.
- Families in Peru receive education, religious instruction, and pastoral care from our sisters, and even receive filters to make contaminated urban water clean and drinkable.
- Orphaned children in Guatemala receive a home, food, clothing, educational and vocational training, and care in a loving, home-like environment.
- Elderly and disabled women in India, abandoned by their families, receive all of life’s necessities and loving care from our sisters.
- Our elderly sisters, retired after many decades of service to others, receive the assurance of a lifetime of medical and pastoral care, access to the sacraments, and spiritual and pastoral support within the loving community of their sisters.
You Can Help!
In addition to your attendance, please help spread the word about our fall fundraiser! And for information about sponsorship opportunities or to make a donation, contact Kelly Nowakowski at email@example.com or 414-385-5347.
Tell your friends, bring your family, and enjoy a fun-filled afternoon in our beautiful garden on Milwaukee’s south side.
Thank You to Our Sponsors!