Something NEW is brewing…
Sister Water Beer Garden (in a Box) 2020
Make a pint-sized difference this summer when you support the School Sisters of St. Francis’ fundraising event!
Our next event is Saturday, August 8
10 a.m. - 1 p.m.
A New Twist for Summer 2020: A Beer Garden in a Box!
On August 8, we’ve got just what you need to enjoy your own beer garden at home with family and friends. Visit St. Joseph Center and pick up a Sister Water Beer Garden in a Box!
Priced at $50, your box includes:
- A 64-ounce growler with your choice of freshly tapped Sprecher’s beers or root beers (see beverage options below)
- Two commemorative 2020 Sister Water Beer Garden pint glasses
- Two 5-ounce “take-and-bake” soft pretzels
- A jar of Sprecher’s delicious gourmet spicy brown mustard
Four Delicious Beverage Options
We’ve got familiar favorites and a fresh new brew available this summer from our friends at Sprecher’s!
- “Ale Mary” – NEW this year: a refreshing Hefe Weiss, lightly hopped and brewed in the unfiltered wheat ale tradition.
- “Glory Be” – Sprecher’s Special Amber, their popular flagship brew, is a delicious Vienna-style lager.
- “Righteous” Root Beer – Sprecher’s famous root beer is rich, creamy, and made with Wisconsin honey.
- “Half-Righteous” Sprecher’s Lo-Cal Root Beer – Sprecher’s fire-brewed craft soda has just 25 calories per serving.
One (1) freshly tapped and capped 64-ounce growler is included in each Beer Garden-in-a-Box. With the purchase of a Beer Garden in a Box, you may order up to three (3) additional growlers of beer or root beer for $20 each.
Please note that to ensure the health and safety of all our guests, food service hygiene guidelines prevent us from offering any growler refills to our returning guests.
Pre-Pay Only for Your Safety and Convenience
To ensure safety and convenience for all our guests, you will need to pre-pay for your Beer Garden in a Box using your credit card. Our app will make ordering secure, fast, and easy!
Pre-paid orders for our event on Saturday, August 8 will be accepted starting Monday, July 27th thru Wednesday, August 5th at 3pm, if not sold out ahead of time.
Pick Up Your Order at St. Joseph Center
St. Joseph Center is located on Milwaukee’s south side, just two minutes from the Mitchell Park Domes. To enter the beer garden, take Lapham Street to 29th Street, then proceed north one block to Orchard Street and turn right into the St. Joseph Center parking lot. Our team will direct you so you can quickly and conveniently pick up your order.
Touch-Free Delivery for Your Convenience
Your entire order will be securely packaged and our team will place your Beer Garden in a Box into your vehicle so you can enjoy touch-free convenience.
Musical Entertainment by “Sorry, We’re Open”
To complete your beer garden experience, we’re delighted to welcome “Sorry, We're Open,” an acoustic-based rock group predominantly influenced by the likes of Elvis Presley, Johnny Cash, and the Rolling Stones. They’ll be on site from 10:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m., performing their unique, high-energy arrangements of classic songs. You can sing along from the comfort of your car and, best of all, we’ll be streaming their entire live performance on our Facebook page so you can enjoy their music from home before and after your pick-up.
For more information about the group, including song samples, please visit their page on the Reverb nation website.
Why “Sister Water”?
The School Sisters of St. Francis are, as our name implies, an international congregation of Catholic women religious who follow in the footsteps of St. Francis and St. Clare of Assisi. We named our beer garden after “Sister Water,” from St. Francis' “Canticle of the Creatures,” in recognition of how precious clean water is to all.
In the spirit of Francis’ and Clare’s emphasis on hospitality and care for the Earth, the proceeds from our beer garden will go to provide access to clean water for people around the world who are served by our sisters’ ministries.
Thousands of the people served by our sisters around the world will benefit from the Sister Water Beer Garden fundraiser:
- School children in India who receive clean water from our rain harvest and filtering system
- Families in Peru who use our filter to make contaminated urban water clean and drinkable
- Sisters in our formation house in Tanzania who otherwise would have to drink and bathe in water with dangerously high mineral content
- Grade school and high school age girls who live in our hostel in India, who otherwise have limited access to toilet and shower facilities
You Can Help!
There are lots of ways to support the success of our Sister Water Beer Garden in a Box:
- Place your order by Wednesday, August 5 for our August 8 event.
- Pray for the success of this important fundraiser
- Encourage your friends and family members to support the sisters
- Like and Share our social media announcements with your friends and family
- For information about sponsorship opportunities or to make a donation, contact our Mission Advancement Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 414-384-3334.
Thank You to our Sponsors!