Make a pint-sized difference this summer when you support the School Sisters of St. Francis’ fundraising events!
We’re hosting the beer garden on three Saturdays during this inaugural season:
June 22, July 13, & August 17
The beer garden will be open from 5-8 p.m.
How to Find Us
St. Joseph Center is located at the corner of Greenfield Avenue and Layton Boulevard (27th Street) on Milwaukee’s south side, just two minutes from the Mitchell Park Domes. Enter the beer garden at 29th Street and Orchard Street (one block south of Greenfield Ave.)
What’s on Tap?
Your first beer purchase of $10 includes a commemorative pint glass with our Sister Water Beer Garden logo. Refills are $5. Beverage options include two special beers that Sprecher Brewing Company is crafting for the School Sisters of St. Francis!
- “Ale Mary,” an India Pale Ale
- “Glory Be,” a Vienna Style Lager
We will also have wine, water, Sprecher Root Beer and other soda available for purchase.
Food options available for purchase include
- Charcuterie plate with a selection of sausage, cheese, crackers and fruit
- Bratwurst sandwich
- Hot pretzels with choice of mustard or cheese dipping sauce
Fun & Games
Guests are invited to try their skill and luck with bags (cornhole), giant Jenga, and Hammerschlagen (also known as “stump.”) There’s no cost to play, but donations will be gratefully accepted.
Why “Sister Water”?
The School Sisters of St. Francis are, as our name implies, an international congregation of Catholic women religious who follow in the footsteps of St. Francis and St. Clare of Assisi. We named our beer garden after “Sister Water,” the embodiment of purity in St. Francis' “Canticle of the Creatures.” In the spirit of Francis’ and Clare’s emphasis on hospitality and care for the Earth, the proceeds from our beer garden will go to provide access to clean water for people around the world who are served by our sisters’ ministries.
Thousands of the people served by our sisters around the world will benefit from the Sister Water Beer Garden fundraiser:
- School children in India who receive clean water from our rain harvest and filtering system
- Families in Peru who use our filter to make contaminated urban water clean and drinkable
- College students in India who otherwise would have to drink and bathe in water with dangerously high mineral content
- Grade school and high school age girls who live in our hostel in India, who otherwise have limited access to toilet and shower facilities
We invite you to stop by our information booth during the events to talk with our sisters and learn more about these ministries!
How Can I Help?
For information about sponsorship opportunities or to make a donation, contact Deb Ruesch at email@example.com or 414-385-5221.
Tell your friends, bring your family, and enjoy these three fun-filled nights in our beautiful garden on Milwaukee’s south side.
Thank You to Our Event Series Sponsors
Food, Beverage & Ticket Sponsors