Sister Ruth Marie Holzhauer
Sister Ruth Marie Holzhauer was born in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. She received a bachelor’s degree in education from Alverno College in Milwaukee and a master’s degree in education from Loyola University in Chicago. In the Archdiocese of Chicago, Sister taught in Chicago at St. Philomena School (1942-1948), and Alvernia High School in Chicago (1948-1951). In the Archdiocese of New York, Sister taught at St. Monica School in New York City (1951-1955). In the Archdiocese of Milwaukee, she taught summer classes at Alverno College in Milwaukee (1949-1966); served as principal (1955-1965 and 1969-1975) and teacher (1955-1965) at Our Lady Queen of Peace School in Milwaukee; was principal and teacher at St. Peter School in St. Peter (1965-1968); taught at St. Alphonsus School in Greendale (1968-1969); and served as principal at St. Sylvester School in South Milwaukee (1975-1986). Sister taught at St. Matthew School in Campbellsport (1986), St. Anthony School in Menomonee Falls (1987), and St. Monica School, Whitefish Bay (1995-1997), where she also served as religion coordinator (1987-1995). Sister also served as a driver for the sisters at St. Joseph Convent in Milwaukee (1997-2003). She serves I the ministry of prayer and presence at Sacred Heart in Milwaukee.
Sister Lorraine Quella
Sister Lorraine Quella was born in Racine, Wisconsin. She received a bachelor’s degree in education from Alverno College in Milwaukee. In the Archdiocese of Omaha, sister taught at Sacred Heart School (Olean) in Dodge (1942-1944), and at Our Lady of Lourdes School in Omaha (1944-1948). In the Archdiocese of Chicago, Sister taught at Holy Angels School in Chicago (1946-2005). Sister serves in the ministry of prayer and presence at Sacred Heart in Milwaukee.
Sister Mary Ruth Schweisthal
Sister Mary Ruth Schweisthal was born in Aurora, Illinois. She received a bachelor’s degree in English from DePaul University In Chicago, a master’s degree in English from Marquette University in Milwaukee, and a master’s degree in business education from Catholic University of America in Washington, D.C. In the Archdiocese of Chicago, Sister taught in Chicago at St. Martin School (1944-1946), St. Benedict High School (1953-1956 and 1967-1968), Alvernia High School (1958-1967 and 1970-1973), and De LaSalle Institute (1969-1970). She served as provincial secretary (1976-1977) and as provincial treasurer (1977-1983) for the School Sisters of St. Francis’ Holy Name Province in Chicago. Sister also served as the financial manager at Alvernia High School (1983-1987) and office manager for Friends of the Children Project in Chicago (1990-1994). At St. Priscilla Convent in Chicago, she was building manager (1994-1995) and receptionist/driver (1995-2002). In the Archdiocese of Omaha, sister taught at St. Francis School in Randolph (1957-1958). In the Diocese of Rockford, Illinois, Sister taught at Central Catholic High School in Aurora (1973-1976). In the Diocese of Green Bay, Wisconsin, sister taught at St. Gregory High School in St. Nazianz (1956-1957). In the Diocese of La Crosse, Wisconsin, Sister taught at Regis High School in Eau Claire (1968=1969). In the Archdiocese of Milwaukee, she taught in Milwaukee at Pius XI High School (1939-1944), and Holy Redeemer School (1946-1953). She also was accountant and director of finances at Mary Hill Retirement Center in Milwaukee (1987-1990). Sister serves in the ministry of prayer and presence at Sacred Heart in Milwaukee.
Sister Corina Stifter
Sister Corina Stifter was born in Winsted, Minnesota. She received a bachelor’s degree in education from Alverno College in Milwaukee. In the Archdiocese of Chicago, Sister was a homemaker at Our Lady of Victory Convent in Chicago (1939-1941) and Our Lady of Perpetual Help Convent in Glenview (1943-1944), and taught at Holy Angels School, Chicago (1947-1955). In the Diocese of Madison, Wisconsin, she served as homemaker at St. Michael Convent in Dane (1941-1943). In the Diocese of New Ulm, Minnesota, sister taught at Holy Trinity School in Winsted (1974-1975). In Costa Rica, (Archdiocese of San José), sister taught at St. Francis Primary School in San José (1965-1967), served as superior and director of novices at St. Clare College in San José (1967-1969), and was coordinator of formation for the congregation’s pro-province in Latin America (1992-1995). In Peru, Sister served in the Archdiocese of Trujillo as a catechetical minister at San Antonio Parish in Montero (1969-1973), and as parish minister at Hogar-Naz in Canchaque (1975-1981); and in the Diocese of Piura, she served as pastoral minister at San Francisco Parish in Paita (1983-1992). In the Archdiocese of Milwaukee, Sister taught at Holy Ghost School in Milwaukee (1955-1964); served as supervisor of Wisconsin schools for the School Sisters of St. Francis’ Immaculate Heart of Mary Province in Kenosha (1964-1965); and volunteered in Milwaukee at Marian Hall (1995-1996), Southside Interfaith (1996-1999), and Milwaukee Achiever Literacy Services (1999-2012). Sister serves in the ministry of prayer and presence at Our Lady of the Angels Convent in Greenfield, Wisconsin.