75 Years

 
Sister Irene DanielsSister Irene Daniels

Sister Irene Daniels was born in Kaukauna, Wisconsin.  She received a bachelor of science degree in elementary education from Alverno College in Milwaukee.

In the Archdiocese of Chicago, Sister taught at St. Matthias School in Chicago (1948-1955).

In the Diocese of Joliet, Illinois, Sister taught at St. John the Baptist School in Winfield (1955-1962).

In the Diocese of Madison, Wisconsin, Sister taught at Immaculate Conception School in Kieler (1962-1964) and served as principal/teacher at St. John the Baptist School in Princeton (1969-1973).

In the Diocese of Superior, Wisconsin, Sister served as principal/ teacher at Most Precious Blood School in Glidden (1964-1969). 

In the Archdiocese of Milwaukee, Sister taught at St. Alphonsus School in Greendale (1973-1976), St. Boniface School in Germantown (1976-1977), Sacred Hearts of Jesus and Mary School in St. Martin-Franklin (1977-1981), and served as Learning Center Coordinator at St. Anthony School in Menomonee Falls (1981-1984). She also taught at St. Louis School in Caledonia (1984-1988) and at Holy Spirit School in Milwaukee (1988-1992), where she also served as principal (1992-1994). Sister served as Mail Coordinator and Assistant Records Coordinator for her congregation’s Development Office in Milwaukee (1994-1997), and as Mail Center Assistant for her congregation’s U.S. Province in Milwaukee (1997-2001).

In her retirement, Sister served as a volunteer at a local convent in Milwaukee (2001-2003) and at St. Joseph Convent Motherhouse in Milwaukee (2003-2015). Since 2015 she has served in the ministry of prayer and presence at Our Lady of the Angels Convent in Greenfield, Wisconsin.

 
Sister Joan Marie EngleSister Joan Marie Engel

Sister Joan Marie Engel was born in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. She received a bachelor of science  degree in elementary education from Alverno College.

In the Diocese of Rockford, Illinois, Sister taught at Our Lady of Good Counsel School in Aurora (1949-1950).

In the Archdiocese of Milwaukee, Sister taught at St. Mary School in Menomonee Falls (1950-1953), St. Matthias School in Milwaukee (1953-1955), and Our Lady Queen of Peace School in Milwaukee (1955-1963). Sister also taught at St. Monica School in Whitefish Bay (1963-1965), St. Anthony School in Menomonee Falls (1965-1971), and Holy Ghost School in Milwaukee (1971-1981). She also served in the Child Development Center at Alverno One-on-One Learning Program in Milwaukee (1981-1999) and assisted with support services at Sacred Heart/Mental Health Group in Milwaukee (1999-2004).

In her retirement, Sister volunteered with support services at St. Joseph Convent in Campbellsport, Wisconsin (2004-2007) and where she also served in the ministry of prayer and presence (2007-2014). Since 2014 she has served in the ministry of prayer and presence at Sacred Heart in Milwaukee. 

 
Sister Gwen FloryanceSister Gwen Floryance

Sister Gwen Floryance was born in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. She received a bachelor of arts  degree in history and English from Alverno College in Milwaukee and a bachelor of science degree in art education from the University of Wisconsin in Madison.

In the Diocese of La Crosse, Wisconsin, Sister taught at St. Boniface School in Waumandee, (1950-1957).

In the Archdiocese of Chicago, Sister taught at St. Joseph School in Wilmette (1957-1962) and at Blessed Agnes School in Chicago (1962-1963).

In the Diocese of Madison, Wisconsin, Sister taught at St. John the Baptist School in Montello (1963).

In the Archdiocese of Milwaukee, Sister taught at St. Mary School in Menomonee Falls, (1963-1965), St. Matthew School in Campbellsport (1965-1967), Our Lady Queen of Peace School in Milwaukee (1967-1973), and St. Mary School in Hales Corners (1973-1977). Sister also taught at St. Rita School in West Allis (1977-1979), St. Sebastian School in Milwaukee (1979-1988), Sacred Hearts of Jesus and Mary School in St. Martin-Franklin (1988-1993), and St. Augustine School in West Allis (1993-2000). Sister was a substitute teacher at public and Catholic elementary schools in West Allis from 2000-2004.

In her retirement, Sister has served in the ministry of prayer and presence at St. Joseph Convent in Milwaukee (2004-2019) and, since 2019, at Sacred Heart in Milwaukee.

 
Sister Therese Marie FreySister Therese Marie Frey

Sister Therese Marie Frey was born in Pierron, Illinois. She received a bachelor of science degree in elementary education from Alverno College in Milwaukee and a master of science degree in religious education from St. Mary College in Winona, Minnesota.

In the Archdiocese of Chicago, Sister taught at St. William School in Chicago (1948-1952), served as a pastoral assistant at Our Lady of Hope Parish in Rosemont (1983-1987), and served as director of religious education at Sacred Heart Parish in Lombard (1987-1989).

In the Diocese of Marquette, Michigan, Sister taught at St. Cecilia School in Hubbell (1952-1953).

In the Diocese of Gary, Indiana, Sister taught at Assumption School in East Chicago (1962-1964).

In the Diocese of Rockford, Illinois, Sister taught at St. Mary School in McHenry (1964-1967) and served as director of religious education at St. John the Baptist School in Johnsburg (1981-1982).

In the Diocese of Joliet, Illinois, Sister served as principal/teacher at St. Liborius School in Steger (1967-1970); as religious education coordinator at St. James the Apostle Parish in Glen Ellyn (1974-1978) and at Christ the King Parish in Lombard (1978-1981); and served as director of senior care at St. Charles Parish in Joliet (1989-1995).

In the Diocese of Peoria, Illinois, Sister taught at Bergan High School in Peoria (1970-1974).

In the Archdiocese of Milwaukee, Sister taught at St. Monica School in Whitefish Bay (1953-1962), assisted in her congregation’s Office of Development in Milwaukee (1995-1996) and assisted with communications in her congregation’s U.S. Province in Milwaukee (1996-2003).

In her retirement, Sister served as a volunteer at St. Joseph Convent in Milwaukee (2004-2010) and at Our Lady Queen of Peace Parish in Milwaukee (2010-2016). She resides at Maria Linden Senior Apartments in Milwaukee.

 
Sister Janet HederSister Janet Heder

Sister Janet Heder was born in Hartford, Wisconsin. She received a bachelor of science degree in elementary education from Alverno College in Milwaukee and a master of science degree in reading from Clarke College in Dubuque, Iowa.

In the Archdiocese of Chicago, Sister taught at St. William School in Chicago (1949-1952).

In the Diocese of Madison, Wisconsin, Sister taught at St. Anthony School in Highland (1952-1953).

In the Diocese of Joliet, Illinois, Sister taught at St. Alphonsus School in Lemont (1956-1960).

In the Archdiocese of Milwaukee, Sister taught at St. Matthew School in Campbellsport (1953-1956), St. Mark School in Kenosha (1960-1962), and served as principal/teacher at St. Boniface School in Germantown (1962-1965). She also taught at St. Albert School in Milwaukee (1965-1967), St. Alphonsus School in Greendale (1967-1973), St. Anthony School in Menomonee Falls (1973-1976), Holy Trinity School in Kewaskum (1986-1997), and St. Peter School in Slinger (1976-1981 and 1997-2003), where she also served as principal (1981-1986).

In her retirement, sister served as a homemaker and caretaker in Slinger, Wisconsin (2003-2017), where she currently serves in the ministry of prayer and presence.

 

Sister Joan KoehlerSister Joan Koehler

Sister Joan Koehler was born in Chicago, Illinois. She received a bachelor of arts degree in English from Alverno College in Milwaukee, a master of science degree in administrative supervision from DePaul University in Chicago, and a master of arts degree in theology from Marquette University in Milwaukee. 

In the Archdiocese of Chicago, Sister taught at St. Martin Commercial High School in Chicago (1951-1956). 

In the Diocese of Rockford, Illinois, Sister taught at Madonna High School in Aurora (1956-1958).

In the Archdiocese of Milwaukee, Sister taught at St. Rita School in West Allis (1949-1951) and St. Joseph High School in Kenosha (1958-1962). Sister served as an instructor at Alverno College in Milwaukee (1962-1969), where she also served as associate professor (1970-1979). At Sacred Heart School of Theology in Hales Corners, she ministered as an instructor (1979-1981 and 1994-1995), associate professor (1981-2002), associate director of field education (2002-2003), and associate director of pastoral formation (2003-2007).

In her retirement, sister served as a volunteer in Milwaukee (2007-2010) and served in the ministry of prayer and presence at Sacred Heart in Milwaukee and, since 2011, at Our Lady of Angels Convent in Greenfield, Wisconsin.

 
Sister Theresa LesnakSister Theresa E. Lesnak

Sister Theresa Lesnak was born in Chicago, Illinois.  She received a bachelor of science degree in elementary education from Alverno College in Milwaukee and a Master of science degree in education from Northern Illinois University in DeKalb.

In the Diocese of Joliet, Illinois, Sister taught at St. Alexis School in Bensenville (1950, 1966-1974), and St. Irene School in Warrenville (1964-1966).

In the Diocese of Madison, Wisconsin, Sister taught at St. Joseph School in Fennimore (1950-1951) and St. John the Baptist School in Princeton (1951-1954). 

In the Archdiocese of Omaha, Sister taught at St. Ludger School in Creighton (1954-1955) and St. Joseph School in Pierce (1957-1958).

In the Diocese of Peoria, Illinois, Sister taught at St. Mary School in Pesotum (1955-1957).

In the Diocese of Davenport, Iowa, Sister taught at St. Joseph School in Bauer (Lacona) (1958-1959).

In the Diocese of Jefferson City, Missouri, Sister served as teacher/organist at Our Lady of Help School in Frankenstein (1959-1964).

In the Archdiocese of Chicago, Sister taught at St. Mary School in Buffalo Grove (1974-1975), Madonna High School in Chicago (1980-1994), and Wright College in Chicago (1998-2005). She also served in Chicago as administrative secretary for Smoler Brothers Company (1975-1980), secretary for Food Service Data Base (1994-1995), computer lab assistant at St. Benedict High School (1995-1998), and bookkeeper at St. Priscilla Convent (2005-2007).

In her retirement, Sister served as a volunteer at St. Joseph Convent in Campbellsport, Wisconsin (2007-2015) and served in the ministry of prayer and presence at Sacred Heart and, since 2015 at Our Lady of the Angels in Greenfield, Wisconsin.

 
Sister Virginia PfallerSister Virginia Pfaller

Sister Virginia Pfaller was born in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. She received her bachelor degree in elementary education from Alverno College in Milwaukee and a master of science degree in religious studies from Webster College in St. Louis.

In the Diocese of Superior, Wisconsin, Sister taught at Holy Rosary School in Medford (1948-1953).

In the Diocese of Gary, Indiana, Sister taught at Holy Name School in Cedar Lake (1953-1957).

In the Archdiocese of Chicago, Sister taught at Our Lady of Victory School in Chicago (1957-1961).

In the Archdiocese of Milwaukee, Sister taught at St. Alphonsus School in Greendale (1961-1963) and served as director of religious education at St. Margaret Mary Parish in Milwaukee (1981-1986) and St. Mary Parish in Menomonee Falls (1986-1987). She also served as activities aide at Veterans Administration Parkview Care in Milwaukee (1987-1988) and as director of religious education at St. Francis de Sales Parish in Lake Geneva (1988-1993).

In the Diocese of La Crosse, Wisconsin, Sister taught at St. Boniface School in Waumandee (1963-1964).

In the Diocese of Madison, Wisconsin, Sister served as principal at Ss. Anthony & Philip School in Highland (1964-1968) and taught at Immaculate Heart of Mary School in Monona (1968-1970) and St. Clement School in Lancaster (1970-1971). She also served as religious instructor at St. Patrick School in Janesville (1971-1974) and religious education coordinator at St. Francis Xavier Parish in Lake Mills (1974-1981).

In the Diocese of Green Bay, Sister taught for Head Start in Wautoma (1993-1994), served as a home caretaker in Wautoma (1994-1998), served at St. Mark and Sacred Heart parishes in Red Granite as director for 2000 Renew (1998-1999) and was part-time director of religious education at St. Mark Parish, Red Granite (1999-2003).

In her retirement, Sister served in the ministry of prayer and presence at a local convent in Wautoma, Wisconsin (2003-2015) and now serves in that ministry at Sacred Heart in Milwaukee. 

 
Sister Claire PinkSister Claire Pink

Sister Claire Pink was born in Lancaster, Wisconsin. She received a bachelor of science degree in music education from Alverno College in Milwaukee. 

In the Archdiocese of Chicago, Sister served as a musician at St. Philomena Parish and School (1945-1951), where she also served as a teacher (1951-1952). Sister served in Chicago as a musician at St. Benedict Grade School and parish (1951-1956), St. Clara School and parish (1956-1967), and at St. Matthias School (1967-2005) and parish (1967-1996).

In her retirement, sister volunteers in personal services at St. Joseph Convent in Milwaukee (2005-2020) and resides at Maria Linden Senior Apartments.

 
 
Sister Gertrude QuellaSister Gertrude Quella

Sister Gertrude Quella was born in Menasha, Wisconsin. She received a bachelor of science degree in elementary education from Alverno College in Milwaukee and a master of science degree in school administration from Clarke College in Dubuque, Iowa. 

In the Archdiocese of Milwaukee, Sister taught at St. Mark School in Kenosha (1949-1965) and at St. John Nepomuk School in Racine (1975-1976). She served as principal/teacher at St. Peter School in Slinger (1976-1979) and principal at St. Leonard School in Muskego (1979-1983). In Milwaukee, Sister served her religious community as secretary in the Development Office at Sacred Heart Rehabilitation Hospital (1983-1988), volunteer driver at St. Joseph Convent (1988-1989), and served the International Office of Development as records clerk (1988-1993), records coordinator (1993-2002), and records specialist (2002-2005). 

In the Diocese of Madison, Wisconsin, Sister served as principal/teacher at St. Charles School in Cassville (1965-1968), where she also served as principal (1968-1975).

In her retirement, Sister resides in a local convent in Milwaukee.

X